In my last blog, I wrote about areas in which you should make goals-Spiritual, health, family, job & Career/Business, financial, recreational/others. You can get the complete article here-
Now, the question comes, ‘where is the time to do all these things?’
When I started working on all these areas, I also thought-How is it possible to, where is the time.
When I was not making any effort in except in my profession, I was hard pressed, but now I have an abundance of time in which I work on all spheres of my life.
Here is a list of things you can do if you are really serious about your goals. You need to make sacrifices.
1. Getting up early: the first thing you need to do is be an early riser. If you are a late riser as I was it will be a little difficult, but you can do this adjustment. Most of the people struggle to get up early but you can do it if you go to bed early. Getting up late is the effect of the cause going to bed late. Set right the cause, you will get the effect. Once getting up early becomes your habit you will have plenty of time to do things you want to do. You can start your day with meditation and physical exercise, it will take care of your two goals-spiritual and health.
When I started getting up early I get sufficient time to work on my spiritual and health goals.
2. Stop watching television/social networking: I used to watch television/social networking for almost 16-17 hours every week for years together. 16-17 hours in a week is plenty of time. Now, I use this time to enhance my skill set to improve my effectiveness and efficiency for my career. It also gives me time to spend with my family. My spouse and two kids, they also, do not watch television.
Thanks to this idea, now I am able to pursue my dream of writing as an avocation. You can do the same. Stop watching television and involvement in social networking on sites. See the difference yourself. And believe me; you will be aware of every news and sports that is happening around.
3. Utilize your time in listening to audiobooks: My average commuting time in the car to my workplace and coming back to home is about one to one and a half hours. That is whooping 6 to 9 hours per week. Earlier I used to listen to music while going to the workplace and coming back. Now, I listen to audio books and motivational tapes.
I believe this is the best utilization of commuting time, and easy to implement. You must do it.
4. Be organized: if you take care of small things, it will produce big results. You organize things in your workplace and at home. This is a great time saver.
5. Focus on the thing which is in hand: This is a great stress buster. I used to carry home at work and work at home. When I focused on the thing which is right now at my hand. My effectiveness and productivity greatly enhanced.
At last, I would say all of us have plenty of time to do things we want to do and achieve our different goals and live a life of abundance.
But knowing things is not going to give the result if you are really serious to get your goals, you need to implement the knowledge and information you acquire. If you really want to change your life, you will have to change your lifestyle to better health, finance, family relationship and happiness.
Grow in life.
Popular posts from this blog
The other day while interacting with one of the young officers of a corporate world an interesting incident happened. It is not uncommon that I meet many people in the job who show a keen interest in entrepreneurship. They want to become an entrepreneur but for the one or the other reason, they don’t venture into business. So, this young fellow told me that he had many good ideas for business. Then I could remember that I met some of the brightest men or women who were doing very well in their job and they wanted to start their own ventures. Most of them told me that they had many good ideas. Probably, this is the problem. People having many ideas landed in not working in any of the idea. As Napolean Hill writes in his book think and grow rich that ‘one sound idea is all one needs to achieve success.’ I always emphasis getting success is simple. This I could learn and realize after I underwent many failures in life, though these failures helped to become successful. What one needs is…
A person once asked me, ‘why it is so that even after having clarity in my dream and after much effort I am not realizing my dream?’ What I explained to him, am sharing with you. Having clarity in the dream is the beginning of the achievement process. But you need to give your 100% to make your dream true. I, myself, have made an effort for many years for my dreams but in vain. However, the result started pouring in once I gave my 100% to the cause. Remember, when it comes to realizing your dreams it requires wholehearted effort. There should not be any ambiguity in it. There should not be any doubt. Your belief level should be 100% that you will get the result you are striving for. And your belief level will be intact if it is backed by wholehearted effort. I always say that success is realizing your dreams is based on a simple act. What makes success difficult? You will agree with me or when you will work on your dream you will realize that simple is not easy. Doing the simple and imp…
Take simple steps, unlearn things that are not necessary and learn things that are important to achieve goals and to make life simpler. There are many things which we have learnt. Sometimes, these learning which is supposed to help us achieve greater heights in life, but on the other hand, these causes hindrance, probably, one of the reasons may be while learning we learn many things which are negative learning that causes doubts in mind. If such is the situation we must unlearn certain things. So, we can create space to learn new things that are essential for us to achieve a larger purpose. We must keep in mind the process and act through which we master the things is simple. If we make the laws and process of life simple, it would be easy to live a simple life and achieve more in life. A few days ago I was watching a videotape. I heard a speaker saying interesting thing about Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest batsman in the history of cricket and Bharat Ratna awardee. The speaker said t…