In my last blog, I wrote about areas in which you should make goals-Spiritual, health, family, job & Career/Business, financial, recreational/others. You can get the complete article here-
Now, the question comes, ‘where is the time to do all these things?’
When I started working on all these areas, I also thought-How is it possible to, where is the time.
When I was not making any effort in except in my profession, I was hard pressed, but now I have an abundance of time in which I work on all spheres of my life.
Here is a list of things you can do if you are really serious about your goals. You need to make sacrifices.
1. Getting up early: the first thing you need to do is be an early riser. If you are a late riser as I was it will be a little difficult, but you can do this adjustment. Most of the people struggle to get up early but you can do it if you go to bed early. Getting up late is the effect of the cause going to bed late. Set right the cause, you will get the effect. Once getting up early becomes your habit you will have plenty of time to do things you want to do. You can start your day with meditation and physical exercise, it will take care of your two goals-spiritual and health.
When I started getting up early I get sufficient time to work on my spiritual and health goals.
2. Stop watching television/social networking: I used to watch television/social networking for almost 16-17 hours every week for years together. 16-17 hours in a week is plenty of time. Now, I use this time to enhance my skill set to improve my effectiveness and efficiency for my career. It also gives me time to spend with my family. My spouse and two kids, they also, do not watch television.
Thanks to this idea, now I am able to pursue my dream of writing as an avocation. You can do the same. Stop watching television and involvement in social networking on sites. See the difference yourself. And believe me; you will be aware of every news and sports that is happening around.
3. Utilize your time in listening to audiobooks: My average commuting time in the car to my workplace and coming back to home is about one to one and a half hours. That is whooping 6 to 9 hours per week. Earlier I used to listen to music while going to the workplace and coming back. Now, I listen to audio books and motivational tapes.
I believe this is the best utilization of commuting time, and easy to implement. You must do it.
4. Be organized: if you take care of small things, it will produce big results. You organize things in your workplace and at home. This is a great time saver.
5. Focus on the thing which is in hand: This is a great stress buster. I used to carry home at work and work at home. When I focused on the thing which is right now at my hand. My effectiveness and productivity greatly enhanced.
At last, I would say all of us have plenty of time to do things we want to do and achieve our different goals and live a life of abundance.
But knowing things is not going to give the result if you are really serious to get your goals, you need to implement the knowledge and information you acquire. If you really want to change your life, you will have to change your lifestyle to better health, finance, family relationship and happiness.
Grow in life.
Popular posts from this blog
We all have dreams, some have big and some have small, but all have dreams. Our destiny is determined by what we do with our dreams, whether we go after it to make it true or we don’t follow it blaming the outer circumstances. We Claim that our situations are different from others. We make a hell lot of excuses why we can’t make an effort to live our dreams. There may be many reasons for not living our dreams, and one of the chief reasons is feeling embarrassed for not achieving what we set out and declare to achieve. What people will say if I fail? In our childhood days, we are trained to feel embarrassed about our failure. We heard sentences umpteen times by the time we are grown, ‘all your friends will laugh if you fail.’ ‘Don’t you feel shame on your failure?’ Over a period of time we start believing that failure is embarrassing. And it is natural to feel embarrassed about failures. It becomes so deeply embedded in our subconscious that we fail to realize that with this thought we…
This is the biggest impediment in self-development and growth. God has made every individual well-packed with unique ingredients that are needed to live a dream life and made an impact on this world.But, why it does not happen in real life, in the practical life, in the day to day life? The root cause lies in our belief system. It is our belief system that is posing the biggest hindrance in accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves and living our dream life.In the name of practicality and pragmatic approach we forgo many wonderful opportunities that life gives us. Okay, now it is a well-known fact how our belief system develops? It is developed by the association we are in and the books we read. Yes, there is a great impact from the books, motivational videos, association.But the greatest of all these factors are; what we say to ourselves day in and day out. What we think about ourselves. What we believe what we are capable of doing?Give time to know and be aware of yourself, take …
In the process of achievement, we tend to overlook some of the basic questions. When we make a list of goals-desires/dreams with deadlines-we must keep in mind the order. What do we want to be? What do we want to do? What do we want to have? In one of my classes a student expressed her desire, ‘I want to be a bestselling writer?’ Now, she wants to achieve a goal that tags her as a bestseller writer. The number one the thing she will have to do is to think and feel that she has all the ingredients in her that are required to be a best seller. The process of achievement starts with the thought process. All the changes happen inside first then only outside change will take place. Number two: learn about the bestseller writer, what is their daily routine, what they do daily? How do they develop the habit of writing? Stick to the routine until you achieve your goal. It sounds simple. Isn’t it? Of course, it is simple. You might ask this question, ‘if it is so simple why do most people fail to achi…