In my last blog, I told you to write down all your goals. Goals should be set for all areas of life.
For example, suppose a person is very successful in his or her career but doesn’t have time to spend with his or her spouse or children. Would you consider it to be a success?
If a person has the potential to earn more money but does not utilize his optimum potential and lives in a financial crisis, would you consider it to be a success?
Can a person afford to neglect his or her health to earn more money?
The answers are obvious. However, we have entered into a mechanical world. We do things mechanically without thinking, which thwart our chances of utilizing our optimum potential. And when we do things without thinking it easy to miss what is obvious.
What could be the solution? The solution is simple. You need to constantly remind yourselves that you need to improve in each area of life.
Therefore, I firmly believe you should set goals in areas which are enumerated below:
1. Spiritual: You must give some time to work on your soul. We can do meditation or we can simply be alone in a calm and serene place and spend time with ourselves.
2. Health: You should not-rather you can not- afford to neglect your health. You must do some physical activities every day preferably in the morning, but if you don’t get time, you can do it in the evening. You should also do something for your mental/intellectual health. I do believe reading books which give positivity is the best. However, some of my friends like music, painting, writing etc.
3. Family: You must have family Goals. My wife always strives to have at least one meal with all the family together. Doing it every day creates great bondage among the family. You can also make morning walk or evening stroll a family event or reading, painting, drawing together also works well. There are many things which can be done together. You can find out and make a choice. Doing things together on a daily basis avoid any kind of Communication gap which is important for a great relationship.
4. Job and Careers/Business: You must do something every day to have value addition in yourselves. This can be done by gathering information and knowledge by reading books, research papers, attending seminars, spending time with mentors that can enhance your knowledge and then applying acquired knowledge in your work so that you can be more effective and productive.
5. Financial: You should strive to reduce expenses. Don’t use credit cards or at least avoid it. Save and invest regularly.
To supplement your income you can part-time business or job.
6. Recreational/others: This is also an important aspect of life’s goal. It rejuvenates you and fuels you to work harder to achieve your goals.
Nothing big can be achieved overnight. It is our daily goal which makes bigger/long term goals possible.
I know many of you would be asking, ‘where is the time to do all these activities?’
It’s ok to ask this question.
I also used to ask this question.
I got the answer I would share in my next blog. I will tell you how I got time to work in all areas of my life.
Popular posts from this blog
We all have dreams, some have big and some have small, but all have dreams. Our destiny is determined by what we do with our dreams, whether we go after it to make it true or we don’t follow it blaming the outer circumstances. We Claim that our situations are different from others. We make a hell lot of excuses why we can’t make an effort to live our dreams. There may be many reasons for not living our dreams, and one of the chief reasons is feeling embarrassed for not achieving what we set out and declare to achieve. What people will say if I fail? In our childhood days, we are trained to feel embarrassed about our failure. We heard sentences umpteen times by the time we are grown, ‘all your friends will laugh if you fail.’ ‘Don’t you feel shame on your failure?’ Over a period of time we start believing that failure is embarrassing. And it is natural to feel embarrassed about failures. It becomes so deeply embedded in our subconscious that we fail to realize that with this thought we…
This is the biggest impediment in self-development and growth. God has made every individual well-packed with unique ingredients that are needed to live a dream life and made an impact on this world.But, why it does not happen in real life, in the practical life, in the day to day life? The root cause lies in our belief system. It is our belief system that is posing the biggest hindrance in accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves and living our dream life.In the name of practicality and pragmatic approach we forgo many wonderful opportunities that life gives us. Okay, now it is a well-known fact how our belief system develops? It is developed by the association we are in and the books we read. Yes, there is a great impact from the books, motivational videos, association.But the greatest of all these factors are; what we say to ourselves day in and day out. What we think about ourselves. What we believe what we are capable of doing?Give time to know and be aware of yourself, take …
In the process of achievement, we tend to overlook some of the basic questions. When we make a list of goals-desires/dreams with deadlines-we must keep in mind the order. What do we want to be? What do we want to do? What do we want to have? In one of my classes a student expressed her desire, ‘I want to be a bestselling writer?’ Now, she wants to achieve a goal that tags her as a bestseller writer. The number one the thing she will have to do is to think and feel that she has all the ingredients in her that are required to be a best seller. The process of achievement starts with the thought process. All the changes happen inside first then only outside change will take place. Number two: learn about the bestseller writer, what is their daily routine, what they do daily? How do they develop the habit of writing? Stick to the routine until you achieve your goal. It sounds simple. Isn’t it? Of course, it is simple. You might ask this question, ‘if it is so simple why do most people fail to achi…