In my last blog, I told you to write down all your goals. Goals should be set for all areas of life.
For example, suppose a person is very successful in his or her career but doesn’t have time to spend with his or her spouse or children. Would you consider it to be a success?
If a person has the potential to earn more money but does not utilize his optimum potential and lives in a financial crisis, would you consider it to be a success?
Can a person afford to neglect his or her health to earn more money?
The answers are obvious. However, we have entered into a mechanical world. We do things mechanically without thinking, which thwart our chances of utilizing our optimum potential. And when we do things without thinking it easy to miss what is obvious.
What could be the solution? The solution is simple. You need to constantly remind yourselves that you need to improve in each area of life.
Therefore, I firmly believe you should set goals in areas which are enumerated below:
1. Spiritual: You must give some time to work on your soul. We can do meditation or we can simply be alone in a calm and serene place and spend time with ourselves.
2. Health: You should not-rather you can not- afford to neglect your health. You must do some physical activities every day preferably in the morning, but if you don’t get time, you can do it in the evening. You should also do something for your mental/intellectual health. I do believe reading books which give positivity is the best. However, some of my friends like music, painting, writing etc.
3. Family: You must have family Goals. My wife always strives to have at least one meal with all the family together. Doing it every day creates great bondage among the family. You can also make morning walk or evening stroll a family event or reading, painting, drawing together also works well. There are many things which can be done together. You can find out and make a choice. Doing things together on a daily basis avoid any kind of Communication gap which is important for a great relationship.
4. Job and Careers/Business: You must do something every day to have value addition in yourselves. This can be done by gathering information and knowledge by reading books, research papers, attending seminars, spending time with mentors that can enhance your knowledge and then applying acquired knowledge in your work so that you can be more effective and productive.
5. Financial: You should strive to reduce expenses. Don’t use credit cards or at least avoid it. Save and invest regularly.
To supplement your income you can part-time business or job.
6. Recreational/others: This is also an important aspect of life’s goal. It rejuvenates you and fuels you to work harder to achieve your goals.
Nothing big can be achieved overnight. It is our daily goal which makes bigger/long term goals possible.
I know many of you would be asking, ‘where is the time to do all these activities?’
It’s ok to ask this question.
I also used to ask this question.
I got the answer I would share in my next blog. I will tell you how I got time to work in all areas of my life.
Popular posts from this blog
The other day while interacting with one of the young officers of a corporate world an interesting incident happened. It is not uncommon that I meet many people in the job who show a keen interest in entrepreneurship. They want to become an entrepreneur but for the one or the other reason, they don’t venture into business. So, this young fellow told me that he had many good ideas for business. Then I could remember that I met some of the brightest men or women who were doing very well in their job and they wanted to start their own ventures. Most of them told me that they had many good ideas. Probably, this is the problem. People having many ideas landed in not working in any of the idea. As Napolean Hill writes in his book think and grow rich that ‘one sound idea is all one needs to achieve success.’ I always emphasis getting success is simple. This I could learn and realize after I underwent many failures in life, though these failures helped to become successful. What one needs is…
A person once asked me, ‘why it is so that even after having clarity in my dream and after much effort I am not realizing my dream?’ What I explained to him, am sharing with you. Having clarity in the dream is the beginning of the achievement process. But you need to give your 100% to make your dream true. I, myself, have made an effort for many years for my dreams but in vain. However, the result started pouring in once I gave my 100% to the cause. Remember, when it comes to realizing your dreams it requires wholehearted effort. There should not be any ambiguity in it. There should not be any doubt. Your belief level should be 100% that you will get the result you are striving for. And your belief level will be intact if it is backed by wholehearted effort. I always say that success is realizing your dreams is based on a simple act. What makes success difficult? You will agree with me or when you will work on your dream you will realize that simple is not easy. Doing the simple and imp…
Take simple steps, unlearn things that are not necessary and learn things that are important to achieve goals and to make life simpler. There are many things which we have learnt. Sometimes, these learning which is supposed to help us achieve greater heights in life, but on the other hand, these causes hindrance, probably, one of the reasons may be while learning we learn many things which are negative learning that causes doubts in mind. If such is the situation we must unlearn certain things. So, we can create space to learn new things that are essential for us to achieve a larger purpose. We must keep in mind the process and act through which we master the things is simple. If we make the laws and process of life simple, it would be easy to live a simple life and achieve more in life. A few days ago I was watching a videotape. I heard a speaker saying interesting thing about Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest batsman in the history of cricket and Bharat Ratna awardee. The speaker said t…