When God gives us dreams, He also gives us the power to accomplish or live those dreams. Then why it is so that we fail to realize our dreams. There are many reasons. However, the single most important reason is the lack of clarity in what we want. That I have already covered in my earlier blog.
Why do we fail to take action or timely action? It is because we don’t believe in ourselves and our ability to accomplish those dreams. Else, why it is so that we take years together to reduce the extra weight that we carry for so many years. But, when we start reducing it, we do it in 4 or 6 months. Why do we fail to write a book, we have been thinking and planning for years? Writing a book hardly takes 3-4 months or maybe 6 months. Then, why do we postpone it for years together? And unfortunately, we look into the past with regret. This is applicable to any dream we want to accomplish. Whether it is finishing a marathon, travelling, making youtube videos, getting studies completed, getting financial freedom or whatever it is.
We have all the abilities to accomplish our dreams or to enhance our abilities to such a level that we can easily accomplish our wildest dream.
Our accomplishment is dependent on our deliberate, consistent daily action. However, we don’t take action because of our belief system. Until we believe that our action is not futile, not a waste of time, but essential for making our dream a reality and our action will definitely bring the result, we are not going to take action.
So, what are the factors that shape our belief system? Understanding of these factors will help us to work on our belief system, and ultimately, to make our dream a reality.
1. Gratitude: Thanksgiving to God for whatever positive and good things that have happened and have been happening to you is an incredible way to boost belief system.
2. Association: Association is one of the greatest influencers in the development of a belief system. Always associate with positive people. Negative people are energy suckers. It is better to live in solitude than living with negative people. if you at all happen to associate with energy suckers because of your professional commitment, then detoxify yourself. You can detoxify by reading good books, listening to music you love, doing something creative like painting, writing.
3. Books: Read good books. Reading books is giving feed to your mind. So, it is important what kind of book you are reading. if you find reading boring, then I must tell you your 15-16 years of school and college is of no use. There is no difference between a person who knows reading but doesn’t read and a person who doesn’t know reading. Both are on the same platform.
4. Block negative information: Stop watching negative news on television/you tubes and stop reading negative news. You have the ability to judge whether your dream is a priority or watching TV/reading newspaper.
5. Self-talk: Words have an amazing effect on our mind. It becomes more important when it comes from our conscious to the subconscious mind. We must, therefore, talk positive words and sentences to ourselves. Day in day out. So, watch out what you talk to yourself. Whenever negative thoughts come into mind, say loudly, ‘No’. Watch out how many times you say No in a day. Watch out for a few days, and then positive thoughts will become a habit.
The list is not exhaustive; there may be many ways to enhance your belief level. Our whole purpose of doing all these exercise or activity is to make our mind believe that whatever dream we are dreaming is possible to make true if we take action.
Popular posts from this blog
We all have dreams, some have big and some have small, but all have dreams. Our destiny is determined by what we do with our dreams, whether we go after it to make it true or we don’t follow it blaming the outer circumstances. We Claim that our situations are different from others. We make a hell lot of excuses why we can’t make an effort to live our dreams. There may be many reasons for not living our dreams, and one of the chief reasons is feeling embarrassed for not achieving what we set out and declare to achieve. What people will say if I fail? In our childhood days, we are trained to feel embarrassed about our failure. We heard sentences umpteen times by the time we are grown, ‘all your friends will laugh if you fail.’ ‘Don’t you feel shame on your failure?’ Over a period of time we start believing that failure is embarrassing. And it is natural to feel embarrassed about failures. It becomes so deeply embedded in our subconscious that we fail to realize that with this thought we…
This is the biggest impediment in self-development and growth. God has made every individual well-packed with unique ingredients that are needed to live a dream life and made an impact on this world.But, why it does not happen in real life, in the practical life, in the day to day life? The root cause lies in our belief system. It is our belief system that is posing the biggest hindrance in accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves and living our dream life.In the name of practicality and pragmatic approach we forgo many wonderful opportunities that life gives us. Okay, now it is a well-known fact how our belief system develops? It is developed by the association we are in and the books we read. Yes, there is a great impact from the books, motivational videos, association.But the greatest of all these factors are; what we say to ourselves day in and day out. What we think about ourselves. What we believe what we are capable of doing?Give time to know and be aware of yourself, take …
In the process of achievement, we tend to overlook some of the basic questions. When we make a list of goals-desires/dreams with deadlines-we must keep in mind the order. What do we want to be? What do we want to do? What do we want to have? In one of my classes a student expressed her desire, ‘I want to be a bestselling writer?’ Now, she wants to achieve a goal that tags her as a bestseller writer. The number one the thing she will have to do is to think and feel that she has all the ingredients in her that are required to be a best seller. The process of achievement starts with the thought process. All the changes happen inside first then only outside change will take place. Number two: learn about the bestseller writer, what is their daily routine, what they do daily? How do they develop the habit of writing? Stick to the routine until you achieve your goal. It sounds simple. Isn’t it? Of course, it is simple. You might ask this question, ‘if it is so simple why do most people fail to achi…