When God gives us dreams, He also gives us the power to accomplish or live those dreams. Then why it is so that we fail to realize our dreams. There are many reasons. However, the single most important reason is the lack of clarity in what we want. That I have already covered in my earlier blog.
Why do we fail to take action or timely action? It is because we don’t believe in ourselves and our ability to accomplish those dreams. Else, why it is so that we take years together to reduce the extra weight that we carry for so many years. But, when we start reducing it, we do it in 4 or 6 months. Why do we fail to write a book, we have been thinking and planning for years? Writing a book hardly takes 3-4 months or maybe 6 months. Then, why do we postpone it for years together? And unfortunately, we look into the past with regret. This is applicable to any dream we want to accomplish. Whether it is finishing a marathon, travelling, making youtube videos, getting studies completed, getting financial freedom or whatever it is.
We have all the abilities to accomplish our dreams or to enhance our abilities to such a level that we can easily accomplish our wildest dream.
Our accomplishment is dependent on our deliberate, consistent daily action. However, we don’t take action because of our belief system. Until we believe that our action is not futile, not a waste of time, but essential for making our dream a reality and our action will definitely bring the result, we are not going to take action.
So, what are the factors that shape our belief system? Understanding of these factors will help us to work on our belief system, and ultimately, to make our dream a reality.
1. Gratitude: Thanksgiving to God for whatever positive and good things that have happened and have been happening to you is an incredible way to boost belief system.
2. Association: Association is one of the greatest influencers in the development of a belief system. Always associate with positive people. Negative people are energy suckers. It is better to live in solitude than living with negative people. if you at all happen to associate with energy suckers because of your professional commitment, then detoxify yourself. You can detoxify by reading good books, listening to music you love, doing something creative like painting, writing.
3. Books: Read good books. Reading books is giving feed to your mind. So, it is important what kind of book you are reading. if you find reading boring, then I must tell you your 15-16 years of school and college is of no use. There is no difference between a person who knows reading but doesn’t read and a person who doesn’t know reading. Both are on the same platform.
4. Block negative information: Stop watching negative news on television/you tubes and stop reading negative news. You have the ability to judge whether your dream is a priority or watching TV/reading newspaper.
5. Self-talk: Words have an amazing effect on our mind. It becomes more important when it comes from our conscious to the subconscious mind. We must, therefore, talk positive words and sentences to ourselves. Day in day out. So, watch out what you talk to yourself. Whenever negative thoughts come into mind, say loudly, ‘No’. Watch out how many times you say No in a day. Watch out for a few days, and then positive thoughts will become a habit.
The list is not exhaustive; there may be many ways to enhance your belief level. Our whole purpose of doing all these exercise or activity is to make our mind believe that whatever dream we are dreaming is possible to make true if we take action.
Popular posts from this blog
The other day while interacting with one of the young officers of a corporate world an interesting incident happened. It is not uncommon that I meet many people in the job who show a keen interest in entrepreneurship. They want to become an entrepreneur but for the one or the other reason, they don’t venture into business. So, this young fellow told me that he had many good ideas for business. Then I could remember that I met some of the brightest men or women who were doing very well in their job and they wanted to start their own ventures. Most of them told me that they had many good ideas. Probably, this is the problem. People having many ideas landed in not working in any of the idea. As Napolean Hill writes in his book think and grow rich that ‘one sound idea is all one needs to achieve success.’ I always emphasis getting success is simple. This I could learn and realize after I underwent many failures in life, though these failures helped to become successful. What one needs is…
A person once asked me, ‘why it is so that even after having clarity in my dream and after much effort I am not realizing my dream?’ What I explained to him, am sharing with you. Having clarity in the dream is the beginning of the achievement process. But you need to give your 100% to make your dream true. I, myself, have made an effort for many years for my dreams but in vain. However, the result started pouring in once I gave my 100% to the cause. Remember, when it comes to realizing your dreams it requires wholehearted effort. There should not be any ambiguity in it. There should not be any doubt. Your belief level should be 100% that you will get the result you are striving for. And your belief level will be intact if it is backed by wholehearted effort. I always say that success is realizing your dreams is based on a simple act. What makes success difficult? You will agree with me or when you will work on your dream you will realize that simple is not easy. Doing the simple and imp…
Take simple steps, unlearn things that are not necessary and learn things that are important to achieve goals and to make life simpler. There are many things which we have learnt. Sometimes, these learning which is supposed to help us achieve greater heights in life, but on the other hand, these causes hindrance, probably, one of the reasons may be while learning we learn many things which are negative learning that causes doubts in mind. If such is the situation we must unlearn certain things. So, we can create space to learn new things that are essential for us to achieve a larger purpose. We must keep in mind the process and act through which we master the things is simple. If we make the laws and process of life simple, it would be easy to live a simple life and achieve more in life. A few days ago I was watching a videotape. I heard a speaker saying interesting thing about Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest batsman in the history of cricket and Bharat Ratna awardee. The speaker said t…